With a heavy heart, the SWISSMAN OC has made the decision to move to Plan C: the virtual SWISSMAN Challenge. The current Covid situation does not allow enough planning security for the remaining 10 weeks until SWISSMAN 2021.
SWISSMAN 2021 – the virtual SWISSMAN Challenge
The virtual SWISSMAN includes 3.8 km swimming or 10 km running, 180 km cycling with 3770 metres of altitude difference and 42 km running with 1980 metres of altitude difference. During a period of 3 weeks from 26 June to 18 July you have the opportunity to master this Xtreme Challenge.
Here are the basic rules:
- all disciplines can be completed indoors or outdoors
- missing altitude metres can be compensated by additional distance (details to follow)
- everyone records their SWISSMAN via strava/suunto/polar etc. (details to follow)
Option SWISSMAN Pure:
- all in one day. Exception: for safety reasons the 3.8 km swim can be done the day before the 180 km bike and 42 km run or replaced by a 10 km run in the early morning.
- All those who are crazy enough to master this Xtreme Challenge as described above will more than well-deservedly receive the original red SWISSMAN finisher shirt.
Option SWISSMAN Segments:
- Completion of the 3 segments on 3 different days during the 3 weeks of the Challenge.
- Completion of all segments individually will be rewarded with a specially designed white finisher shirt.